Learn the latest skills
The aim of Future Education - Learning for Life course is to progress through visioning the future to solving existing problems so that the solution is formulated to work. We live in the shadow of war, which places particular emphasis on the skills of the future that are striving for peace. On the other hand, we are faced with problems every day and they must be tackled in the best possible way. When we see that problems are solvable, the stress we experience is relieved. These same skills and exercises can be transferred to students.
At the beginning of the course, the participants get acquainted with the basics of future research and outline the global problem field with the help of megatrends. We will take a closer look at future skills and develop our own creativity. One day is devoted to conversational and negotiation skills. As an example of the school's opportunities to make a difference, we will visit Porkkala Upper Secondary School, which specializes in learning the future. Finally, we will make a whole day” hacking for school”, which is a close-knit way of broadening our view of problems and finding solutions to them with the help of experts. The participants present their own puzzles to be solved, at least some of which are selected as targets for solving problems.
Upskill your organization
Target group are the school management, teachers, special education teachers and all other non-teaching experts and staff working in school education, adult education and VET.
The course covers a wide range of topics that schools need to consider and tackle when introducing future education in their school:
- Future sciences and ways to explore future phenomena at school
- Learn about future research and get into its basics
- Learn about mega trends and how to use them in outlining global problems
- Learn new approaches to solve wicked problems
- Learn about future skills and ways to develop own creativity in order to handle future problems
- Learn about importance of conversational and negotiation skills
- Learn about Erätauko- method: how to move towards peace and common understanding
- Learn how to resolve conflicts by talking - Athissari Day's method
- Get to know school opportunities as substratum to making a difference by on-site school visits
- Learn how to "hack the school" by broadening own view of problems and finding solutions to them with the help of experts
- Engage in hands-on activities by presenting own puzzles as targets for solving problems
- Acquire skills to develop a new didactical approach by designing a sequence of learning activities with relevant teaching strategies (discussions, role play, games etc.)
- Adapt learning to the needs of learners by making teaching, studying and learning processes more adequate to access, participate and accomplish
- Advance educational processes with flexible forward curriculum.
- Strengthening the belief that a good future is achievable
The course methodology aspires creating an output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in your own school. Participants are given time to develop these outputs and the trainers coach and support them throughout the week, if necessary even long after courses have finished as a follow up.
Earn a certificate
The course participants will get a Certificate of Active Attendance.
The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
What makes Euneos the leading course provider in Europe?
Euneos consistently has regards to challenges and retaliates by offering multiple options for quality courses to its clients following the Quality Standards for courses under Key Action 1 as required by the European Commission.
The Future Education - Learning for Life on-site courses take place in Kirkkonummi/Helsinki, Finland. Future Education - Learning for Life are 7 day courses that start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday at 13:00 o'clock.
> on-site course programme
> planned courses
- 5 - 11 November 2023, Kirkkonummi/Helsinki, Finland
- 11 - 17 February 2024, Kirkkonummi/Helsinki, Finland
- 12 - 18 May 2024, Kirkkonummi/Helsinki, Finland
- 3 - 9 November 2024, Kirkkonummi/Helsinki, Finland
> course fees
Euneos has an international team of trainers who are the most experienced in the field of their expertise. Meet Euneos' trainers for the The Future Education - Learning for Life course:
Main organiser / trainer
- Former principal of Akaa Secondary School
- Student in University of Turku (futures studies), future coach
- Biology and geography teacher
- Project Ambassador of ESHA (European School Heads Association)
- Coordinator of Comenius and Erasmus+ projects in many schools
- Former network coordinator of Baltic sea Project (National Board of Education)
She has been working on many ecological projects both at the national and international levels. Her special area is future education: how to get a positive approach to the future and how to get the skills to solve wicked problems like climate change.
Euneos choice of venues is based on two essentials: delivering professionalism and assuring personal well-being in order to warrant enjoyable course experience.