Tap-Swipe-Pinch into STEM. Learning Mathematics and Sciences with tablets.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- For users of iPads, Android and Windows tablets. At this moment there are more educational apps for iPad and Android, but it doesn’t matter that much because the course focuses on didactical use of tablets in class.
The courses are focusing on pedagogical use of tablets in schools. Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and we expect that each participant has basic knowledge of using his tablet before the course. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
Main topics of this course
- Apps covering different content and activities to support learning, communication and self-assessment (collaborative writing, digital photography, video, audio usability, presentation apps, assessment, evaluation, gamefication, etc.)
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using iPads and tablets in lessons and education in general in different countries,
- Responsible and safe use of tablets and new media
- Creating interactive materials for classroom use and deliver them to students
- Identifying and reviewing practical tablet applications for educators, news and media applications useful for educators and their students (creating text, video clips, podcasts, presentations, screencasting, images, pdf files, e-books, mind and concept maps, maps etc.)
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of work or lesson plans that deploy the iPad and tablets,
- Integrate strategies and iPad and tablet technologies effectively into a curriculum,
- Utilise the iPad and tablet as a display device in connection with other devices.
Methodology of the course
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Click here to read more about:
Main organiser / trainer
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
For iPad, Android and Windows tablets
- 24-30 September 2017, Tallinn, Estonia. CONFIRMED, still places.
- 15-21 April 2018, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 23-29 September 2018, Tallinn, Estonia.
- April 2019, Tallinn, Estonia.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing