Quality course to learn what your school needs to become more digital. The Digital Turn course focuses on change management on the organisational level, in the context of designing, implementing and evaluating school-wide digital innovations.
Although the course targets mainly the primary, secondary and highschool leaders, ICT coordinator, and teachers who want to get broader visions on digitalisation, it is also useful for staff of vocational schools/ adult educators.
- Teachers of pre-schools, primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools
- Adult education teachers
- Teachers of special needs
- Teacher trainers, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organisations offering adult education or vocational education
Each participant needs to bring his own laptop. We provide neither computers nor tablets.
Main topics of this course
- Digital turn in schools and the role of school leaders
- Research on digital innovation in schools, Fullan’s framework for whole-school digital turn
- Upgrading school’s digital infrastructure: mobile devices, network, online learning tools and environments
- School-wide policy on digital safety
- Supporting pedagogical innovation: innovative learning scenarios
- Creating and managing, copyright and licensing digital learning resources
- Teacher education & in-service training and game-based learning.
- Change management in school: supporting teachers, disseminating best practice, involving parents and community
- Monitoring and communicating the results of your school’s digital turn project
- Examples on successful school-level digital innovations from other countries.
Methodology of the course
Digital innovation in schools requires systemic change management that is carried out in collaboration between principals, teachers, pupils, parents and local community. Too much change at once could cause negative reaction among teachers, pupils and parents, especially if the change is forced on employees by the school’s administration. This course will build on Michael Fullan’s ideas on school development, where team of qualified teachers/coordinators and school leaders work together as a task force group for planning and implementing whole-school digital innovation. A mix of different competences should be present within the school team: technical, pedagogical, communicative, international/intercultural collaboration.
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: Digital Turn Programme for the course in Tenerife January 13-19 2019
- Practical information: Info Euneos Digital Utrecht 2019
Main organiser / trainer
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our preregistration form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form. Read more
- 7-13 October 2018, Tallinn, Estonia. DONE.
- 13 – 19 January 2019, Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Spain. DONE.
- 26 May – 1 June 2019, Amsterdam/Utrecht, The Netherlands.CONFIRMED , FULL
- 6 – 12 October 2019, Tallinn, Estonia , still places.
- 12 – 18 January 2020, Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Spain, still places.
- 24 – 30 May 2020, Amsterdam/Utrecht, Netherlands.
- 4 – 10 October 2020, Tallinn Estonia.
- The course starts on Sunday afternoon and ends on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).