Original benchmarking courses in schools of Helsinki area and (optionally) in Tallinn, Estonia are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content: you can observe lessons, interact with principals, teachers and students on all school levels, and do some work shadowing of teachers. Courses also include experts’ presentations with discussions, and workshops about lessons learned from PISA study, about school development and management. In addition to a more general content Euneos can tailor courses with specific topics for separate groups or sub groups.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best.
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools. Can be 5 days only Helsinki or 7 days (5 days Helsinki, Finland, and 2 days Tallinn, Estonia).
- Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations. Will be 7 days: 5 days in Helsinki and 2 days in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Benchmarking for headmasters. Will be 7 days: 5 days in Helsinki and 2 days in Tallinn (Estonia); in April 2018 Helsinki 5 days and Porvoo 2 days(Finland).
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school education
Euneos organises Erasmus+ KA 1 benchmarking courses since autumn 2014. About 500 participants have studied school life in Finland in the school-years 2014-15 and 2015-16, and learned about best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools sent both a principal and teachers. A great majority of the participants have given assessments very good or good, see evaluations in http://www.benchmarkingcourse.eu.
Take your chance and apply for a #benchmarkingcourse together with Euneos! Euneos will support you in applying! Topics and dates are possible also on demand.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
- Innovation. School development plans. Curriculum reform. European challenge.
- Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam.
- Student in the center. Support system and supportive methods. Integration of special needs students. Home and school connections.
- Teacher in focus. New near-by training approaches of in-service training. Coaching. Teacher/student agents.
- Management. Local examples.
- (Tallinn) European dimension. PISA survey. Erasmus+ mobilities.
Main topics of Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations
- Game-based learning and gamification in schools
- Digitalised tests in high-stakes examinations
- Best practice approaches to game-based tools and methods in school education
- Suitable start-up games for classroom.
- Serious Games production by game industry in Helsinki metropolitan area
- Game-based learning and gamification in Estonian schools – how and why?
Added value of Serious Games in teaching, studying and learning processes
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning & gamification
- Mobile devices and tools in game-based learning
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Social media updates, blogs.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
More detailed information (program + practical information) on separate Benchmarking website: http://www.benchmarkingcourse.eu
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
More information. Click below to read more about:
- Programme general Benchmarking course: click here for the programme
- Programme Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations: click here for the programme
- Programme Benchmarking for headmasters: click here for the programme
- Difference between Benchmarking Learning with serious games and Other Digital Innovations and course Game based learning: see here
Main organiser / trainer
Remark. Unfortunately the April 2-6/8 course will not suit the teachers or principals teaching in upper secondary school level or in adult or vocational school. There will be the exam week in those schools. April 2-6/8 2017 course will be only for teachers of grades 1-9, not for grades 10-12 (16-19 yrs).
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
General Benchmarking courses have 2 options: Helsinki (5 days) or Helsinki/Tallinn (7 days: 5 days Helsinki and 2 days Tallinn). For 7 days course departure to Tallinn is on Thursday afternoon.
- 2-6/8 April 2017 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). CONFIRMED. Places available. (NB! For teachers of grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs) only).
- 2-6/8 April 2017 (Helsinki-Tallinn) Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games& Other Innovative. This course has 5 days in Helsinki and 2 days (7 and 8 April) in Tallinn. CONFIRMED. Places available.
- 23-27/29 April 2017 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). CONFIRMED. Full.
- 3-7/9 September 2017 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn).Not confirmed.
- 10-14/16 September 2017 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). Not confirmed.
- 15-19/21 April 2018 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). Not confirmed.
- 22-26/28 April 2018 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). Not confirmed.
- 2-6/8 September 2018 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). Not confirmed.
- 9-13/15 September 2018 (Helsinki and Helsinki-Tallinn). Not confirmed.
Benchmarking learning with Serious Games and Other Digital Innovations: 7 days
- 22-28 April 2018, Helsinki (5 days) – Tallinn (2 days). Not confirmed.
- April 2019, Helsinki (5 days) – Tallinn (2 days). Not confirmed.
Benchmarking Education with Headteachers: Helsinki / Tallinn 7 days; Helsinki / Porvoo Finland, 7 days
- 3-9 September 2017, Helsinki 5 days (Finland) / Tallinn 2 days (Estonia). Not confirmed.
- 15-21 April 2018, Helsinki / Porvoo, Finland. Not confirmed.
- 2-8 September 2018, Helsinki / Porvoo, Finland. Not confirmed.
- April/May 2019, Helsinki / Porvoo, Finland. Not confirmed.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days). For those who do not choose the 2 days option for Tallinn the 5 days course ends on Thursday 16:30.
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro, (5 days course 350 euro)
- Administration costs: 160 euro (5 days course 150 euro)
- Total fee: 650 euro, 5 days course 500 euro, 24 % VAT included (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses)
- NOTE: total fee for Benchmarking with headmasters, 7 days course: 700 euro 24 % VAT included (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses)
- Read more about fee and billing