Original benchmarking courses in schools of Finland and Estonia, best performers of European school education, are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content : you can observe lessons, interact with principals, teachers and students on all school levels, and do some work shadowing of teachers. Courses also include experts’ presentations with discussions, and workshops about lessons learned from PISA study, about school development and management. In addition to a more general content Euneos can tailor courses with specific topics for separate groups or sub groups.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best.
Most courses include 7 days, 4 days in Finland and 3 days in Estonia.
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools.
- Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations.
- Benchmarking for headteachers.
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school education
Euneos organises Erasmus+ KA 1 benchmarking courses since autumn 2014. More than 700 participants have studied school life in Finland in the school-years 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17, and learned about best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools sent both a principal and teachers. A great majority of the participants have given assessments very good or good.
Take your chance and apply for a #benchmarkingcourse together with Euneos! Euneos will support you in applying! Topics and dates are possible also on demand.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
- Innovation. School development plans. Curriculum reform. European challenge.
- Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam (upper secondary).
- Student in the center. Support system and supportive methods. Integration of special needs students. Home and school connections.
- Teacher in focus. New near-by training approaches of in-service training. Coaching. Teacher/student agents.
- Management. Local examples.
- (Tallinn) European development in Estonian schools. Advance of digitalisation. PISA and other international surveys. Erasmus+ mobilities.
Main topics of Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations
- Game-based learning and gamification in schools
- Digitalised tests in high-stakes examinations
- Best practice approaches to game-based tools and methods in school education
- Suitable start-up games for classroom.
- Serious Games production by game industry in Helsinki metropolitan area
- Game-based learning and gamification in Estonian schools – how and why?
Added value of Serious Games in teaching, studying and learning processes
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning & gamification
- Mobile devices and tools in game-based learning
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Social media updates, blogs.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
More detailed information (program + practical information) on separate Benchmarking website: http://www.benchmarkingcourse.eu
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
More information. Click below to read more about:
- Program general Benchmarking course:
- click here for the program 15-21 April 2018
- click here for the program 22-28 April 2018
- Programme Benchmarking for headteachers will mainly follow the one of general benchmarking courses with additional program for groups of headteachers.
- Difference between Benchmarking Learning with serious games and Other Digital Innovations and course Game based learning: see here
Main organiser / trainer
15-21 April 2018 course will be only for teachers of grades 10-12 (16+ yrs)There is no course for grades 1-9 (7-15 yrs) at the same time.
9-15 September 2018 course will be only for teachers of grades 10-12 (16-19 yrs). Also for vocational and adult education teachers.
Courses are divided strictly into two categories, 1) primary and lower secondary school (7-15 yrs) and 2) upper secondary schools (yrs 16-19). To avoid misunderstanding contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
NB! General Benchmarking course departure to Tallinn is on Wednesday afternoon.
Four days in Helsinki, 3 days in Tallinn. Contact email@example.com in case you need more information.
- 3-9 September 2017 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).DONE.
- 10-16 September 2017 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only upper secondary education, vocational schools and adult education (16-19 yrs, adults). DONE.
- 15-21 April 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only upper secondary education, vocational schools and adult education (16-19 yrs, adults).CONFIRMED, FULL.
- 22-28 April 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).CONFIRMED, still places.
- 22-28 April 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). A new course for teachers of grades 10-12, vocational schools and adult education (age 16+ yrs), still places.
- 2-8 September 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only upper secondary education, vocational schools and adult education (16+ yrs).
- 9-15 September 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
Benchmarking learning with Serious Games and Other Digital Innovations: 7 days
- 22-28 April 2018, Helsinki – Tallinn.
- April 2019, Helsinki-Tallinn.
Benchmarking Education with Headteachers: Helsinki / Tallinn 7 days; Helsinki / Porvoo Finland, 7 days
- 2-8 September 2018, Helsinki / Porvoo, Finland.
- April/May 2019, Helsinki / Porvoo, Finland.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro.
- Administration costs: 160 euro.
- Total fee: 650 euro. School visit payments included, 24 % VAT included (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses)
- NOTE: total fee for Benchmarking with headmasters, 7 days course: 700 euro 24 % VAT included (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses)
- Read more about fee and billing