Original benchmarking courses in schools of Finland and/or Estonia, top performers of European school education, are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content, organised by Euneos, the Finnish course provider. Observe lessons, interact with colleagues of your own school level, and contribute to discussion with a ‘success story’ of your own school. Courses include expert presentations and workshops on how to promote European development.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best. There is a combination of courses available, 4 days in Finland and/or 3 days in Estonia.
5 days courses only in Helsinki come to an end in spring 2018.
(Read more about choosing courses shorter than 7 days. )
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools, adult education.
- Benchmarking for headteachers
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school education
About 700 principals and teachers from all over Europe study school life in Finland and Estonia since 2014 when Euneos initiated Erasmus+ benchmarking courses. They compare school education systems in the target countries and Europe, and learn about the best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools send both a principal and teachers. Most participants have assessed the courses very good or good, read more.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
- Innovation. School development plans, curriculum reform, 21st century skills.
- Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam (upper secondary).
- Student in the center. 3-level support system, special needs, home and school.
- Teacher in focus. Digital apprenticeship, coaching, teacher/student agents.
- Management. Local examples.
- (Tallinn) European development in Estonian schools, the most digitalized country, PISA and other international research.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Learning diary, social media updates, blogs.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
Practical information: Click here for pdf
Program general Benchmarking course: coming soon
The program of the course Benchmarking for headteachers will mainly follow the one of general benchmarking courses with additional program for groups of headteachers.
Main organiser / trainer
Remark. Courses are divided strictly into two categories, 1) primary and lower secondary school (7-15 yrs) and 2) upper secondary schools (yrs 16-19).
2-8 September 2018 course will be only for teachers of grades 10-12 (15+ yrs). Also for vocational and adult education teachers. There is no course for grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs) at the same time.
9-15 September 2018 course will be only for teachers of grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs). . To avoid misunderstanding contact email@example.com.
Schools interested only in Helsinki courses (4 days), or in Tallinn courses (3 days) are asked to consult with our administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find a link to our enlisting form or registration over there. Schools with a grant can register directly for Euneos courses.
NB! Benchmarking courses 4 days in Helsinki end on Wednesday. Change to Tallinn is on Wednesday late afternoon.
Four days course in Helsinki, 3 days course in Tallinn, read more. Contact email@example.com for personal correspondence.
- 15-21 April 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only upper secondary education, vocational schools and adult education (16-19 yrs, adults).DONE.
- 22-28 April 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). DONE.
- 2-8 September 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only upper secondary education, vocational schools and adult education (16+ yrs). CONFIRMED, FULL .
- 9-15 September 2018 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). CONFIRMED, FULL .
- 31 March – 6 April 2019 (Helsinki-Tallinn). A course for teachers of grades 10-12, vocational schools and adult education (age 16+ yrs).
- 7 -13 April 2019 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
- 1 – 7 September 2019 (Helsinki-Tallinn). A course for teachers of grades 10-12, vocational schools and adult education (age 16+ yrs).
- 8 – 14 September 2019 (Helsinki-Tallinn). Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
Date and venue can change.
Course in Helsinki from Sunday to Wednesday (4 days), in Tallinn from Thursday to Saturday (3 days)
Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro.
Administration costs: 160 euro.
Total fee: 650 euro. (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Erasmus+ courses of Euneos FI). A separate bill for each course is possible.
Read more about fee and billing