Innovative learning approaches for teaching migrant students. Practice-based training in Finland, a country with real challenges of migrants’ integration. Winning applications with Euneos support document in http://www.euneosmedia.com
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Managers of schools with migrant students
- Teachers / staff of vocational schools
- Educational policy experts and advisers in migrants’ issues
- Teachers of different subjects from all levels from preschool to high school
- Teachers of special needs
- Teacher trainers, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
Mobile devices are used in the course. In addition to smartphones (default) participants are advised to bring tablets/laptops of their own.
Main topics of this course
- Comparison of situations in Finland and in the countries of participants on how to - share knowledge about the situation, - raise awareness and enable a more informed opinion, tackle with social, psychological and legal issues, - promote understanding for diversity and for European values.
- Recognition and validation of competences of newly-arrived migrants.
- Promoting migrant’s employment and acquisition of jobs; a guidance and training model to be implemented in networking and community-building activities.
- Reception and individualisation of learning paths for newly-arrived migrants.
- Pedagogical approaches to advance with non-native speakers - models and practical ways to support teaching - guiding migrants in studying and learning.
- Innovative learning approaches: simulation with work machines, eLearning with mobile devices, Camera-Pen pedagody, virtual glasses supporting learning.
- Possibilities for creating and delivering i-material for language learning by using m-devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops).
- Pedagogical possibilities and models for delivering interactive language exercises; the use of translator apps ( Babylon, Google translate); creating i-materials for language learning including sound and video. (i-flashcards).
Methodology of the course
- Information. General introductions to topics. Lectures, demonstrations, sessions, individual search of information.
- Learning and sharing. Participants learn by following lectures, observing, working ‘hands on’, sharing experiences and expertise about the topics, discussing in sessions and workshops.
- Creating output. Individual or team work on learning diaries, blogs and Social media. Producing recommendations to be used in one’s own school and network.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. Lunch and coffee/tea and other refreshments can be bought in the cafeteria of the venue.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: Euneos-Migrants-course-agenda-general
- Practical information: click here for Practical Information
- Evaluation results: 181024_Migrants_Eval_Data_All_181024
- Euneos Corp,. PIC 950782555
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
- 13-19 May 2018, Helsinki/Vantaa Finland. DONE.
- 23-29 September 2018, Helsinki/Vantaa Finland. All school levels (K-12), vocational and adult education. DONE.
- 12 – 18 May 2019, Helsinki/Vantaa Finland. CONFIRMED, FULL., ask about cancelled places.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing