- The practice-based course (Barcelona) will offer techniques and tools to introduce game-based learning and gamification in your lessons.
- Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations (Helsinki/Tallinn) will introduce you to the world of games in education.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools.
- Adult education teachers.
- Teachers of special needs .
- Teacher trainers.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education.
Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and/or laptop. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
1. Main topics of practice-based course on game-based learning and gamification (Barcelona, Spain)
- Usability and accessibility of the game based methods
- Advantages and disadvantages game based usages in educational processes
- A range wide of games that can be used covering different content and activities to support learning and communication
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using game based tools and methods of games & gamification in education in different countries
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning
- Group sharing sessions to enable applying the social games in their classroom settings
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of lesson plans that deploy the game based methods & gamification approaches
- Know how to use the different features of game based learning & gamification in education
- Know how to choose Serious games for school education
- Learn how to use game based for iPad, Android, Win8 and other mobile devices in learning.
2. Main topics of Benchmarking Learning with Serious Games & Other Digital Innovations (Helsinki /Tallinn, Finland), read more
- Game-based learning and gamification in schools
- Best practice approaches to game-based tools and methods in school education
- Suitable start-up games for classroom.
- Serious Games production by game industry in Helsinki metropolitan area
- Game-based learning and gamification in Estonian schools – how and why?
- Added value of Serious Games in teaching, studying and learning processes
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning & gamification
- Mobile devices and tools in game-based learning
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a paragraph to the development plan of one’s own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
- Programme of Game-Based learning course about theory and practice of Serious games & Gamification 22-28 April 2018:
- The final programme will be published a few weeks before the course.
Main organiser: Ilpo Halonen
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
- 22-28 April 2018, Helsinki – Tallinn, Finland/Estonia (changed). CONFIRMED, FULL.
- 17 – 23 March 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
- 7-13 April 2019, Helsinki – Tallinn, Finland.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- NB! Courses in Finland include 24% VAT
- Read more about fee and billing