Phenomenon-based or multidisciplinary replaces encyclopedic approach to learning’ objectives, it is helping students and teachers share responsibility for learning. PISA 2018 proposes measurement of global competences- above all, schools are a place for well-being, secure prosperous citizens and communities for the 21st century. The course is opened to all levels of education we will experiment together new learning ways and environments that apply for all ages of pupils from pre-school to upper secondary. Skills based education addresses schools as agents for the whole student development- body, mind and soul.
This is a training program to support Integrated Curriculum skills if your need is to visit mostly Finnish schools then we recommend you have a look at EUNEOS course- Best Practice Benchmarking with schools visits .
We welcome: your unique school experience contribution to collective learning, open mindset, joy of learning
“Realize you are entering in a period of radical innovation be ready to be surprise and surprise others with your explorations (Fullan. M)
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- School managers, that intend to include in their curriculum programs aimed at developing global skills
- Educational policy experts and advisers
- Arts & STEM courses coordinators/teachers
- Teachers of different subjects from all levels from preschool to high school
- Student counselors
- Teachers trainers, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
- Educational consultants, teachers coach
What to expect you will know after the course
- How to start building critical thinking
- New pedagogies for 21stcentury skills based education (Phenomena based education, etc)
- Support team teaching and collaboration with integrated curriculum
- Formative assessment- what is the role, tools
- Practice tools to support co-learning teacher-student
- Culturally situated education- schools as innovation providers and wellbeing
- Approach ergonomics and engage local actors to establish a living lab in your school
- New learning environments to support new learning ways for students
Methodology of the course
- Experimental training- getting the information needed for each module. Learn by doing.
- Group peer learning- participants share experiences and expertise on the topic between themselves and with local teachers/tutor teachers
- Peer to peer learning- working individually or in groups on a development plan to be used in their own school
- Local cultural situated learning- visiting best practices (museums, university departments, art and science education best practices etc).
- Interact with invited speakers, debriefing and feedforward sessions at the end of each module
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Helsinki area, the European capital of design, schools as living labs, museums, libraries, art centers
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation and food to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants/schools catering.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: click here
- Andreea Gatman – Local Organizer and Trainer, MBA in PGM, M.U Vienna
- Principals of schools; Teachers’ Tutors, local teachers, specialists etc
“Let’s revers everything: let’s do Global Curriculum with Integrated Skills; the course set the atmosphere to create the ideas” (Katie, Netherlands)
“Portuguese team enjoyed the week, we hope to continue to share experiences and continue to be global teachers and citizens” (Esmeralda, Portugal)
“I got lots of ideas how I would plan the courses, I can say that I got evidence how students work together and how interactive work influence the result of learning” (Irina, Sweden)
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
- 13-19 May 2018, Helsinki, Finland.DONE.
- 26 August – 1 September 2018, Helsinki, Finland. CONFIRMED , still places .
- 5 – 11 May 2019, Helsinki, Finland. CONFIRMED , still places.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing