Supporting learning-based organisation for competitive schools – coaching course in Finnish schools, expert presentations, school visits at all levels, strengthening and sharing competences in collaboration
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers for primary and secondary school
- Teacher trainers, teachers evaluators,
- Career officers, educational counsellors,
- Head teachers / principals / managers of schools / organizations offering adult education, HRM professionals
- Staff of both mainstream and vocational schools and institutions
2 levels/groups will be formed for 1) supervisor skills for training coachers and 2) teacher skills as coachers of colleagues
Main topics of this course
- develop coaching competencies at a basic level
- establish a coaching agreement and a coaching vision
- plan and set goals from a student perspective,
- manage progress and accountability
- practice coaching model and basic coaching skills and become familiar with coaching processes
- be acquainted with variety of coaching tools and practice a framework for coaching supervision
- benefit from students agents and other innovative Finnish best practices
Outcomes of the training
Participants will learn how to
- deliver a coaching session at the end of the training
- have a substantial understanding of coaching framework
- develop strategies based on growth mindset
- register progress from a student view perspective (hands on, education results in the class)
- develop basic coaching skills
- be able to deliver a coaching session (for coachers’ supervisors)
- know needs of well-structured in-house training as part of school syllabuses
- see the role of coaching in contemporary teacher-in-service training
Methodology of the course
- Experimental training – learn by doing approach – individual and group exercises
- Team work / peer coaching
- Supervised coaching sessions
- Demonstration, invited speakers and thematic workshops
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in own school.
- Experimental approach focusing mostly on practice.
- Pre-course tasks with real school life challenges will be introduced in pre-course live online session
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Helsinki/Vantaa (10 minutes from airport)
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: click here
Main organiser / trainer
- Andreea Gatman, MBA MU Vienna
- Alexandru Frumosu, Coacher, HRM, Trainer
- Invited guests, practitioners
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
- 17 – 23 September 2017, Helsinki/Vantaa, Finland. Not confirmed.
- 6 – 12 May 2018, Helsinki/Vantaa, Finland. Not confirmed.
- April/May 2019, Helsinki/Vantaa Finland. Not confirmed.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 210 euro
- Total fee: 700 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing