Deep study & visit in a brand new rebuild school to meet 21st century skills based education
- Principals & school managers interested in redesigning their school and learning spaces (new and old)
- Teachers supporting/curious about team teaching, supporting formative assessment for students
- Teachers &school managers and experts supporting learning “outside the classroom”
- Teachers interesting in school planning/learning outcomes planning ( inquiry based learning and or teachers as active researchers
- Teachers& principal all levels
- Art teachers, sport teachers, art center managers
- School administration
Agenda will include:
- Concept of new learning ways & spaces the core of the New Finnish Curriculum
- Supporting metacognitive skills and learning ways for students within and outside school premises
- Bottom up approach for “redesigning schools” with involving teachers, parents, students
- School and learning environments that support team teaching & student centered pedagogies
- Learning environments and redesigned school curriculum to support autonomous students and transversal skills
- Sports & arts for new learning ways Finnish approach
- Digital ecosystems to support the openness of the schools to the world
- Inquiry based learning for (re)design, support assessment of how pupils & teachers learn
- Self leadership for students and teachers, embodiment and holistic learning
Outputs (what you will be able to apply at the end of the course)
- Understand how to plan & work with more extensive learning environments & spaces ( more m2 per pupils)
- Create and put at work open &flexible areas
- Concept of trust and engagement
- Democratic led process for delegating and engaging (teachers, pupils etc)
- Approach Mindfulness as (re)designing space for learning
- Exercise for self leadership for teachers and students
- Use school playground for spontaneous learning
- Using assessments as inquiry based learning, Finnish good practice
- Apply tools/pedagogies that will support students as knowledge creators instead of knowledge receivers
Outcomes (the impact on your class/school in medium terms)
- Future oriented Education; personalized learning
- Mindset and school/class environment to encourage creativity and innovation in learning
- Ways and spaces to allow teachers & students to feel successful, register success
- Positive education, healty environments promoting sports and arts integrated
- Accommodate school on the move/learning outside the class
- School as community based learning
- Keep students engaged and combat school early leaving
- Wellbeing and development of teachers avoid burnouts
- School dynamics to allow permanent innovation and change
Methodology of the course
Experimental training; Learn by doing & learning from benchmarking finding the factors of success;• Group peer learning- participants share experiences and expertise on the topic between themselves ; •Peer to peer learning- working individually or in groups on a development plan to be used in their own school; •Local cultural situated learning- visiting best practices;• Interact with invited speakers; •Debriefing and feedforward sessions at the end of each module’ •participants will be invited to work on real challenges from their class/school/community; •use democratic led discussion and dialog;• learning outside the classroom “on the move; •reflective and teachers as active researchers;• Inquiry Based Learning
Concept agenda: click here. Detailed Agenda will be sent to participants after registration, you are encouraged to contact the trainer via firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about course content
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Helsinki Metropolitan area, Vantaa
For practical information go to another page
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation and food to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants/schools catering.
Main trainer and organizer: Andreea Gatman – Certified Coach, Trainer, MBA PGM
Guests & Speakers: Teachers & Local Artists and experts guests , mindfulness & embodiment experts/teachers
Nota bene: The course is opened to all levels of education, we will experiment together new learning ways and environments that apply for all ages of pupils. Skills based education addresses schools as agents for the whole student development- body, mind and soul.
This is a training program to support transforming spaces and pedagogies to accommodate new learning ways if your need is mostly to visit Finnish schools then we recommend you have a look at EUNEOS course- Best Practice Benchmarking with schools visits.
Click here for EUNEOS Helsinki video testimonies from participants
Click here for EUNEOS Helsinki courses video presentation
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form. Euneos OID code E10124150.
NB! Because of ‘force majeure’ caused by COVID -19 replacing courses are offered here (in red).
- 11 – 17 October 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- 2 – 8 May 2021, Helsinki, Finland.
- 10 – 16 October 2021, Helsinki, Finland.
- 8 – 14 May 2022, Helsinki, Finland.
- 9 – 15 October 2022, Helsinki, Finland.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
- Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27