Learn about early science education through play, drama and stories
START YOUR COURSE ONLINE NOW!
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! Our lead-in courses are introductions to the onsite-courses and can be funded by organisational support of the Erasmus+ grant. Consult your National Agency of Erasmus+ programme.
This course is blended: You will start your course online whenever you want to, but you need to finish it before the onsite course. The sooner you start online, the sooner you can benefit and put into practice what you have learned. Onsite course, while 7 days in length, will have less hours per day compared to the normal courses..
The lead-in online unit is a bonus. The price paid as a fee is an advance payment for your onsite course fee.
The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
Orientation 1: Basics of Science Education (5h)
Orientation 2: Science process skills, play, storytelling and drama education (10h)
Integrated training including 10 lessons with children (10h)
Duration: 25 hours of independent work
Session dates: N/A (Independent work)
Trainer: Dr Jenni Vartiainen Price for Euneos clients: 160 € + VAT 38,40 € (normal price 199 € + VAT 47,76 €). VAT 0% when registering with a VAT-number/fiscal code.
Register to this lead-in course by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin email@example.com about possible use of their advance payment.
FOR ONSITE PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Kindergarten teachers / early childhood education managers
- Teachers and headmasters of pre-primary and primary schools for age groups 3-8 years old
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering primary education (age groups 3-8 years old)
- Teachers of talented/gifted children
- Teacher trainers
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
Main topics of this course
- Why early science education is important?
- The aims for early science education
- Playful approaches for early science education
- Supporting interest and positive attitudes towards science
- How to design science learning environments for small children?
- Non-formal learning environments in science
- Insights from Finnish Kide Science practices
Methodology of the course
The course concentrates on learning by doing. The topics are introduced and deepened with interactive group working and workshops. There are practical hands-on science experiments and reflections about small children’s science education practices.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
- Participators are offered with extra possibility to acquire the certificate for Kide Science operations.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
For practical information go to another page
Main organiser / trainer
PhD Jenni Vartiainen
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us.
- 23 – 29 May 2021, Helsinki Finland. POSTPONED. ONLINE START OPTION. Read more>>
- 31 Oct – 6 Nov 2021, Helsinki Finland. ONLINE START OPTION. Read more>>
- 22 – 28 May 2022,Helsinki Finland. ONLINE START OPTION
- 21 – 27 May 2023, Helsinki Finland. ONLINE START OPTION
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
- Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27