Learn about early science education through play, drama and stories
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Kindergarten teachers / early childhood education managers
- Teachers and headmasters of pre-primary and primary schools for age groups 4-8 years old
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering primary education (age groups 4-8 years old)
- Teachers of talented/gifted children
- Teacher trainers
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
Main topics of this course
- Why early science education is important?
- The aims for early science education
- Playful approaches for early science education
- Supporting interest and positive attitudes towards science
- How to design science learning environments for small children?
- Non-formal learning environments in science
- Insights from Finnish Kide Science practices
Methodology of the course
The course concentrates on learning by doing. The topics are introduced and deepened with interactive group working and workshops. There are practical hands-on science experiments and reflections about small children’s science education practices.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
- Participators are offered with extra possibility to acquire the certificate for Kide Science operations.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
For practical information go to another page
Main organiser / trainer
PhD Jenni Vartiainen
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us.
NB! Because of COVID -19 organising May 2020 course is threatened. Replacing courses here (in red).
- 1-7 November 2020, Helsinki, Finland
- 23 – 29 May 2021, Helsinki Finland
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
- Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27