Practical, hands-on course for primary school class teachers interested in teaching playful coding, robotics and algorithmic thinking to their students.
The practice-based course will offer techniques and tools to introduce game-based learning and gamification in your lessons.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools.
- Adult education teachers.
- Teachers of special needs .
- Teacher trainers.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education.
Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and/or laptop. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
Main topics of practice-based course on game-based learning and gamification
- Usability and accessibility of the game based methods
- Advantages and disadvantages game based usages in educational processes
- A range wide of games that can be used covering different content and activities to support learning and communication
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using game based tools and methods of games & gamification in education in different countries
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning
- Group sharing sessions to enable applying the social games in their classroom settings
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of lesson plans that deploy the game based methods & gamification approaches
- Know how to use the different features of game based learning & gamification in education
- Know how to choose Serious games for school education
- Learn how to use game based for iPad, Android, Win8 and other mobile devices in learning.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a paragraph to the development plan of one’s own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
- Programme of Game-Based learning course: Programme GBL_2020
The final programme will be published several weeks before the course.
Main organiser: Ilpo Halonen
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
NB! Because of COVID -19 March 2020 course could not be organised. Replacing courses here (in red).
- 18 – 24 October 2020, Tallinn Estonia. CONFIRMED
- 21-27 March 2021, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 20-26 March 2022, Tallinn, Estonia.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- NB! Courses in Finland include 24% VAT
- Read more about fee and billing
Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27
Learn how to use digital tools for assessment.
Vocational schools can learn from Finnish competence-based teaching and learning and share their experiences.
Innovative learning approaches for teaching migrant students. Practice-based training in Finland, a country with real challenges of migrants’ integration.
Phenomenon-based or multidisciplinary replaces encyclopedic approach to learning. PISA 2018 measurement of global competences- above all, schools are a place for well-being, secure prosperous citizens and communities for the 21st century.
Supporting school development through coaching COMPETENCES OF THE TEACHER AS A KEY FACTOR IN THE QUALITY/IMPACT OF THE EDUCATION
Deep study & visit in a brand new rebuild school to meet 21st century skills based education
How the way we sit and stand can change the way we learn, speak and collaborate in classrooms
This is a specifically designed course for language teachers who want to update their own English skills with a native speaker and upgrade their language lessons by implementing tablets/phones (ICT), new pedagogical ideas, e-testing and creative learning methods.
Special edition courses with Forum Eltern und Schule focus on the most innovative development in school education in Finland and Estonia. The Finnish comprehensive school is uniform for children from the age 6 to 15 years. For two decades it has brought the best learning results in Europe. In Pisa 2018 Estonia was Number 1, Finland 2nd.