The practice-based course will offer techniques and tools to introduce game-based learning and gamification in your lessons.
START YOUR COURSE ONLINE NOW!
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! Our lead-in courses are introductions to the onsite-courses and can be funded by organisational support of the Erasmus+ grant, read what the commission says>>
If uncertain consult your National Agency of Erasmus+ programme
Educational visits and cultural program will be offered to those who have participated in the lead-in unit if they don’t want to repeat the same themes in the on-site course . The lead-in online unit is a bonus. The price paid as a fee is an advance payment for your onsite course fee.
The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
If Erasmus on-site courses cannot be organised during the funding period because of emergency, Euneos recommends you to continue online by taking the completion course, in addition to lead-in. Together they comprise the full cognitive content of the corresponding course on-site. The price for full online KA1 staff training is 350 €.
Mo 22 March 15:00 CET – Introduction online video conference, QnA -2h
Home watching – video about serious games -1h
Home assignment – collect examples of serious games – 1h
Tu 23 March 15:00 CET – presentation of serious game examples, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about game design process and roles – 1h
Home assignment – evaluate your game design related competences – 1h
We 24 March 15:00 CET – presentation of participant’s background, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about Ideation – 1hHome assignment – generate idea for a new serious game – 1h
Th 25 March 15:00 CET – Presentation of game ideas, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about Game Concept – 1h
Home assignment – Game concept design – 1h
Fr 26 March 15:00 CET – Presentation of game concepts, The End – 2h
Round 1 (CONFIRMED): 22-26.3. 2021
Duration: 16 hours (5 x 1,5 contact hours + 8,5 hours of independent work)
Session dates: 22 – 26 March, 2021.
Completion to full online course: 17 – 18 May 2021.
Full online course: Lead in + completion course (min 36 hrs), 350 €.
The course will be certified by Euneos FI.
If there is an emergency reason ruling out the on-site possibility, finish your mobility in the completion course 17 – 28 May 2021.
Consult Euneos admin email@example.com.
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin firstname.lastname@example.org about possible use of their advance payment.
Game-based learning & gamification courses on-site
NB! Because of travel/venue restrictions many courses are postponed. Confirmations will be made valid as soon as the pandemic crisis is over and schools want to go on with their Erasmus+ mobilities. Always book flexible flights & accommodation. Online units are launched as an optional start of a number of courses. Consult your NA about funding. Emails to email@example.com.
FOR ONSITE PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools.
- Adult education teachers.
- Teachers of special needs .
- Teacher trainers.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education.
Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and/or laptop. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
Main topics of practice-based course on game-based learning and gamification
- Usability and accessibility of the game based methods
- Advantages and disadvantages game based usages in educational processes
- A range wide of games that can be used covering different content and activities to support learning and communication
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using game based tools and methods of games & gamification in education in different countries
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning
- Group sharing sessions to enable applying the social games in their classroom settings
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of lesson plans that deploy the game based methods & gamification approaches
- Know how to use the different features of game based learning & gamification in education
- Know how to choose Serious games for school education
- Learn how to use game based for iPad, Android, Win8 and other mobile devices in learning.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a paragraph to the development plan of one’s own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
- Programme of Game-Based learning course: Programme GBL_2020
The final programme will be published several weeks before the course.
Main organiser: Ilpo Halonen
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
Planned courses (Lockdowns or other traveling restrictions to be noticed.)
- 21-27 March 2021, Tallinn, Estonia. POSTPONED. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 17-23 October 2021, Tallinn, Estonia. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 20-26 March 2022, Tallinn, Estonia. ONLINE START OPTION
- 16-22 October 2022, Tallinn, Estonia. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 19-25 March 2023, Tallinn, Estonia. ONLINE START OPTION
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- NB! Courses in Finland include 24% VAT
- Read more about fee and billing
Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27