In this course you will get information about circular economy and things connected to it: sustainable development, megatrends including climate change, future skills, entrepreneurship, creativity and decreasing anxiety. Estonian school education was on top of PISA 2018 in Europe. Go and see what they have to offer.
- Teachers of secondary schools and vocational schools
- Teachers who want to cover circular economy in their lessons and / or want to organise internships ofstudents in companies and public services involved in circular economy
NB! It is not absolutely necessary to bring a laptop or tablet. Though we advice to bring a device as it might be handy during working on intellectual outputs. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
We have had overconsumption in our planet for too long time. Linear economy must be changed to circular economy. In order to create a circular economy society, we need a new kind of expertise, co-operation between silos, development of the operating environment and a general change in attitudes and operating methods.
Professionals, experts and decision-makers, both now and in the future, will play a decisive role in building a new future. Education plays an important role in developing experts. When today’s school pupils are ready to enter employment, the debate about the circular economy will no one longer exist; the circular economy will be the only way of operating.
Main topics of this course
- To learn about ecological challenges generally, about circular economy and competences for a circular economy.
- To learn about mega trends including climate change, future skills, entrepreneurship, creativity and decreasing anxiety.
- To acquire skills to develop a new didactical approach by designing a sequence of learning activities with relevant teaching strategies (discussions, role play, games etc.).
- To adapt learning to the needs of learners by making teaching, studying and learning processes more adequate to access, participate and accomplish.
- To advance educational processes with flexible forward curriculum, based on science. More cross-curricular approach to subjects is what is needed to face ecological challenges, climate change on top.
- Decreasing anxiety with positive and realistic visions of future will be emphasized, as well as self-evaluation of one’s own personal skills.
- To find ways to assess to what extent ecological competences have been acquired in school.
Methodology of the course
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
There is an international airport in Tallinn.
The venue for Eco-camp is Metsamoisa ( = Wild Forest) http://www.metsamoisa.ee, a training venue 100 km away from Tallinn. Transport by bus. The course will stay in Metsamoisa ( = Wild Forest) for 1-2 nights, the rest of the time in Tallinn and/or Sagadi Manor (Estonian forestry museum and environmental education centre: https://www.sagadi.ee).
Euneos gives advice how to book accommodation.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: click here
Main organiser / trainer
Trainers: Tuovi Ronkainen
Ms. Ronkainen is a Finnish biology and geography teacher and later a high school principal, now also a project ambassador of ESHA. She has been working on many ecological projects both at the national and international levels. Her special area is future education: how to get a positive approach to the future and how to get the skills to solve wicked problems like climate change.
NB! Because of ‘force majeure* caused by COVID -19 replacing courses are offered here (in red).
- More competent in ecology, ecological camp Metsamoisa (bus trip from Tallinn) and Tallinn Estonia, 23 – 29 August 2020
- More competent in ecology, ecological camp Metsamoisa (bus trip from Tallinn) and Tallinn Estonia, 6 – 12 June 2021
- More competent in ecology, ecological camp Metsamoisa (bus trip from Tallinn) and Tallinn Estonia, 22 – 28 August 2021
- More competent in ecology, ecological camp Metsamoisa (bus trip from Tallinn) and Tallinn Estonia, 5 – 11 June 2022
- This course starts on Sunday afternoon and ends on Saturday afternoon (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.