Now online lead-in courses available too! Original benchmarking courses in schools of Finland and/or Estonia, top performers of European school education, are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content, organised by Euneos, the Finnish course provider. Observe lessons, interact with colleagues of your own school level, and contribute to discussion with a ‘success story’ of your own school. Courses include expert presentations and workshops on how to promote European development. Now lead-in course online is available too! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Special Education in Finland – Benchmarking course, click here>>
Lead-in course online
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! Our lead-in courses are introductions to the on-site courses and can be funded by organisational support of the Erasmus+ grant. Consult your National Agency of Erasmus+ programme.
Educational visits and cultural program will be offered to those who have participated in the lead-in unit if they don’t want to repeat the same themes in the on-site course . The lead-in online unit is a bonus. The price paid as a fee is an advance payment for your onsite course fee.
The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
The lead-in course Best Practices Benchmarking is intended for teachers registered and planning their on-site course. It is also targeted to teachers interested in finding out about Finnish education system & learning from their own success practices. Authentic material about pandemic in schools of Helsinki capital city area is involved.
This course will:
- Support your reflection on your own success
- Accelerate learning with peer learning on the challenges of this academic year
- Transform your teaching in multicultural context, choosing on what you want to take away from Finnish school examples & other EU examples
Course Program 13 – 14 – 15 April 2021, CONFIRMED
(LIVE sessions & there will be peer learning, self learning, reflective collective session after the end of the program)
Tuesday 13th April 17.00-18.30 (90 min)
Wednesday 14th 17.00-19.00 ( 120 min)
Thursday 15th 17.00-19.00 ( 120 min)
The rest of the learning will be self-paced learning & peer learning organized and monitored in Google classroom. Altogether 16 hrs.
Fee: 160 € + VAT 38,40 €. VAT 0% when registering with a VAT-number/fiscal code.
Register to this lead-in course by sending email to email@example.com ASAP!
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin firstname.lastname@example.org about possible use of their advance payment.
Trainer: Andreea Gatman, Certified Trainer & Coach, MBA in PGM Modul University Vienna.
Benchmarking on-site courses
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
NB! Because of travel/venue restrictions many courses are postponed. Confirmations will be made valid as soon as the pandemic crisis is over and schools want to go on with their Erasmus+ mobilities. Always book flexible flights & accommodation. Online units are launched as an optional start of a number of courses. Consult your NA about funding. Emails to email@example.com.
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best. There is a combination of courses available, 4 days in Finland and/or 3 days in Estonia.
(Read more about choosing courses shorter than 7 days. )
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools, adult education.
- Benchmarking for headteachers
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school education
About 700 principals and teachers from all over Europe study school life in Finland and Estonia since 2014 when Euneos initiated Erasmus+ benchmarking courses. They compare school education systems in the target countries and Europe, and learn about the best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools send both a principal and teachers. Most participants have assessed the courses very good or good, read more.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
- Innovation. School development plans, curriculum reform, 21st century skills.
- Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam (upper secondary).
- Student in the center. 3-level support system, special needs, home and school.
- Teacher in focus. Digital apprenticeship, coaching, teacher/student agents.
- Management. Local examples.
- (Tallinn) European development in Estonian schools, the most digitalized country, PISA and other international research.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Learning diary, social media updates, blogs.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
Practical information: Click here for Practical Information Helsinki Area December 2019
The new course programme and practical information will be published several weeks before the course.
Main organiser / trainer
Remark. Courses are divided into two categories, 1) primary and lower secondary school (6-15 yrs) and 2) upper secondary schools (yrs 16-19).
1-7 September 2019 and 19- 25 April 2020 courses will be only for teachers of grades 10-12 (15+ yrs). Also for vocational and adult education teachers. There is no course for grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs) at the same time.
8-14 September 2019 and 3 – 9 May 2020 courses will be only for teachers of grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs).
Exception: Benchmarking courses for all school levels are clearly indicated. To avoid misunderstanding contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Schools interested only in Helsinki courses (4 days), or in Tallinn courses (3 days) are asked to consult with our administration, email@example.com.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find a link to our enlisting form or registration over there. Schools with a grant can register directly for Euneos courses.
Planned courses (Lockdown or other traveling restrictions to be noticed.)
NB! Benchmarking courses 4 days in Helsinki end on Wednesday. Change to Tallinn is on Wednesday late afternoon.
Four days course in Helsinki, 3 days course in Tallinn, read more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personal correspondence.
- 11 – 17 April 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. POSTPONED. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 18 – 24 April 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). POSTPONED. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 25 April – 1 May 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. For all school levels. POSTPONED. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 5 – 11 September 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 12 – 18 September 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).ONLINE START OPTION.
- 24-30 April 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 1 – 7 May 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). ONLINE START OPTION.
- 8 – 14 May 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. For all school levels.ONLINE START OPTION.
- 4 – 10 September 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 11 – 17 September 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). ONLINE START OPTION.
- 16 – 22 April 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. ONLINE START OPTION.
- 23 – 29 April 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). ONLINE START OPTION.
- 7 – 13 May 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. For all school levels.ONLINE START OPTION.
Course in Helsinki from Sunday to Wednesday (4 days), in Tallinn from Thursday to Saturday (3 days). Change of fee due to Erasmus programme 2021-27.
Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro.
Administration costs: 160 euro.
Total fee: 650 euro. (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Erasmus+ courses of Euneos FI). A separate bill for each course is possible.
Read more about fee and billing