What are the skills your students need in future, especially in solving wicked problems like climate change? Let’s have a deep look at the future skills, foresights, scenarios, weak signals and trends in an interesting and playful way and take the future in our hands. All the methods used are suitable to your students too. Be in the first front!
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Management of primary and secondary schools
- Teachers/ other staff of primary and secondary schools
- Coordinators of ecological projects in educational institutions
We advise you to bring your own device as it comes in handy while working on intellectual outputs. We do not provide computers.
Main topics of this course
Our course, meant for principals, coordinators, teachers and other staff members covers a wide range of subjects that schools need to consider and tackle when promoting schools to fight climate change.
- Informing about ecological challenges
- Megatrend: fighting climate change
- About skills needed to face the future
- The role of school organization
- School policy plan on ecology
- Developing ecological activities, project scenarios
- Will there be a coordinator or a work group?
- Global and/or European projects
Methodology of the course
- A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Visits to ecologically meaningful targets.
- Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in your own school, such as composing a (new) school policy plan in ecology, setting up projects or Erasmus KA229 projects with other participants present and writing the draft of such a 2- or 3-year project.
- Participants are given time to develop these outputs and the trainers coach and support them throughout the week, if necessary even long after courses have finished.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice on hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in their choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation is to be paid directly to hotels and restaurants by participants.
- Read more about program outlines: click here
Main organiser / trainer
Mrs Tuovi Ronkainen, M.A., teacher
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form .
Schools that have received a grant, will find a contact form here
- 11 – 17 October 2020, Oliveira de Azemeis school near Porto, Portugal
- 10 – 16 October 2021, Oliveira de Azemeis school near Porto, Portugal.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days). Pre- and post-course online sessions.
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing